The biggest thing ever a man does in his lifetime is buying a house. House is one of the essential needs for survival of humans. Therefore, humans spend millions of bucks in constructing, buying and maintaining the house. They try to decorate it with all the luxuries and comfort.
There are many aspects that make your house beautiful. Among them one of the factors is floor. The beautiful floor adds to the beauty and elegance of the house. The wooden flooring, laminate floating flooring and other types of floorings are gaining popularity because of the specific advantages that they offer.
Different types of floorings
There are many types of flooring options available these days. You can choose the one according to your budget and likability. The different flooring types are as follows:
- Ceramic tile- it is flooring with the ceramic tiles. The ceramic tile are of various colors and printed patterns.
- Hardwood flooring- it is generally flooring with wood of oak tree, cherry, walnut and maple tree. It is in the form of strips that are laid adjoining to each other at right angles.
- Bamboo flooring- though bamboo is not a wood but it is often used for flooring.
- Laminate flooring- the laminate flooring has gained popularity in the recent years. It is either plastic laminate floors or engineered wood floors. They have several layers. The top layer is clear laminate under which it is the decorative layer.
- Marble flooring- in this type of flooring the marble is laid adjoining to cover the floor. The marble pieces are cut in rectangular shapes or square tiles.
How to care of the laminate floors?
If you are planning to laminate the floor of your home or office, you have to consider its maintenance for its longer life. There are some maintenance tips for the laminate floors:
- Microfiber dust mop should be used to clean or sweep out the laminate floors. It enables to collect the smallest particles absorbed on the surface and collects the dust from the corners also.
- The gentle cleaning solutions should be used to wash the laminate floorings in Melbourne. The floating tile can be cleaned out by using the gentle soap and warm water.
- Do not saturate the wooden tile while mopping. As the water will then penetrate through the panels or along the cracks and can cause it to wrap. Therefore, small amount of water should be used.
- Do not try to clean the laminate flooring with the hard steel scrub pads. It would diminish the natural shine of the floor and can also cause scratches on the floor.