Have you never made use of the services of a freight forwarder previously? If you regularly ship products to other destinations in the world, not making use of a freight forwarder is but a disadvantage to you. Below are some of the most important benefits you can gain from hiring a freight forwarder:
- Less trouble – a reliable freight forwarder is guaranteed to make your life easier. Shipping products can be extremely difficult – and some countries tend to have very rigorous standards for both general and personal effects custom clearance. If you are not well-read on the regulations and laws of the countries you will be trading with and shipping your goods to and fro, you can and should expect a lot of headaches. However, by partnering with a good freight forwarder, you can rest assured – they will take care of every logistical problem and inform you of every documentation and fee you need to take care of. Read this article to find out more details.
- Consolidation and good rates – the other most obvious reason as to why every company involved in shipping can benefit from a freight forwarding companies Brisbane is because these agencies can find you the lowest costs for transportation-related expenses (which can go a long way towards decreasing your total costs, and thereby reflect itself in a competitively-priced product). A good part of the reduction in costs comes from their ability to consolidate shipments into a single large shipment, which reduces the unit cost for transportation significantly.
- Optimized routes – also contributing to a reduction in costs, as well as to a speedier delivery, is the freight forwarder’s ability to find the best shipping route for your specific goods. By optimizing the route and method through which your products will be shipped, the freight forwarder will find the shortest but safest route for your goods. This allows for a lower cost as it avoids any unnecessary detours, and lets you avoid any unnecessary delays.
- Warehousing – inventory issues can easily arise if you tend to take ship a high volume of goods, especially if you are undertaking the shipping process alone. A freight forwarder can help you with inventory management as most of the companies have warehousing facilities where you can temporarily store products and have them attended to as well (i.e. package, handle or distribute them).
- Insurance – finally, another obvious reason as to why you should make use of a freight forwarder is their ability to insure your goods from any potential harm that may befall them. Regardless of how your products are ultimately shipped, the freight forwarder will take every step to ensure not only that they won’t be damaged physically, but also that they will be guarded against any attempts of theft or burglary.